Thursday, June 23, 2011

Social Media Project



As the HR intern, one of my projects is to develop a content schedule for the Careers side of Social Media here at Equity Trust. Equity Trust Careers utilizes Facebook, Twitter, Blog, and has an RSS feed. It was my job to research several articles in order to develop the perfect schedule to reach Equity Trust's potential employees. In the end, I created two different schedules; one for college students and one for non-students. I learned that timing is everything when it comes to social media, therefore I need to reach the right set at the right time. Students and Non-Students have different lifestyles so they require information at different times. Non-students are generally working 8-5 pm, so it is not effective for ETC to advertise our careers to them during these hours. On the other hand, college students are available during the day and often check Facebook and Twitter. This lifestyle allows us to post to them at all times of the day.

After organizing my proposal into an easy to read chart I am ready to make my recommendation. This afternoon I will be meeting with two of my managers to present my content schedule. I am very excited to share my ideas with them and get their feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment