Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More Responsibility

I can't believe I'm almost halfway done with my internship here at ETC. Yesterday I worked on sending out all the customer service surveys to our clients. This required a lot of data scrubbing in excel and following specific instructions. It was nice to have this responsibility and to complete a task that it is so important to the company. Today, I also had the opportunity to lead a meeting with the other interns and various members of the IT department. This was a great experience for me as I was able to see how I handled a meeting of this nature, and how I can improve. The meeting was very helpful for our group intern project, which relies on a good deal of information from IT. Our project is really coming along, and it's time now for us to kick it into another gear. We're meeting a few more times this week and hope to really get some chunks of the projects done.
All of us interns will have the opportunity to be together again tomorrow, as the Berea interns will be joining us here at Elyria. We are all meeting Jeff and Rich Desich at Elyria Country Club for lunch. This will be a great opportunity for us to talk with the executives about the company, our projects, our experiences, and our careers. I hear they treat us very well at the Country Club, so I am very excited!
My returned mail project hit a bit of a wall, but I was able to work with a team lead on creating a binder that will make processing return mail go faster and smoother. It is always nice to complete things that you know will have an instant impact, something I have been very fortunate to experience here at ETC. As each week goes by, the better I feel about the experience I'm gaining at ETC.

No comments:

Post a Comment