Friday, June 3, 2011

Never be Afraid to Ask Questions

One thing I realize each and everyday is how important it is to ask questions. I tend to be someone who is hesitant to ask questions when I am unsure of something. Sometimes I think it might be a dumb question when people are really knowledgeable at what they do or perhaps I might be bothering them if they are too busy. It's actually far from that, though. The marketing department that I work with everyday knows everything is still new to me and they expect that I'll have questions. No one begins working for a company by already knowing everything about it. My department also genuinely cares that I learn and get the most out of this internship that I possibly can. And for this to happen, I need to ask questions that I have. Not only this, but asking questions will actually save time in the end rather than to assume I'm doing something the right way and have to go back and change everything. On to another topic, I've been researching my disasters for the crisis management project. I have power outages and natural gas leaks, and I'm making sure to cover all the necessary precautions and procedures in case Equity Trust Company ever has to face either of these (hopefully not, though). I can't wait to see the final plan all of us interns put together. It's interesting to think we are putting together a procedural plan the whole company will learn and reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment