Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Evaluations, Projects, and Research

I had my six week evaluation with my mentor, and it went really well. Even if I complete projects and in a timely manner, it's still nice to sit one-on-one and discuss the specific expectations with her. She's also really helpful in answering any questions I have about landing a job right out of college and useful advice to keep in mind. Although my first job will be a scary thing no matter what, you can never be too prepared and it's comforting knowing that I can always go to her for guidance.

The other interns and I had our weekly meeting today. Our project is really starting to come along and everything is being finalized in just enough time to get started on putting our final presentation together. We only have 2 weeks left until the deadline, and we've definitely come a long way with it. It will be so rewarding to show it to the executives.

So one of the minor details about my job that I find quite useful is the outside research I do. While posting on Facebook or writing for our blog, I often look for articles that relate to a certain topic I plan to write about. Doing this extra research really helps me to get a better understanding of not only what the company does, but also keeps me up-to-date with news in the economy. Being a business major, I know it's important to stay on top of current issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment