Friday, June 24, 2011

Officially half way


I still can't believe that my time here at ETC is half over. Today, I sat down with my mentor and had my 6 week evaluation. I really appreciate that ETC builds these evaluations into the internship. It is a great opportunity for you to sit down and discuss your performance with your mentor/manager face to face. This way, you know exactly where you stand, and everyone is on the same page. It also is nice to be able to have a moment of your mentor/manager's busy day to talk. They can ask you any questions they have and you are free to do the same. I really like the up front and open nature of ETC.
It has been an eventful week here at ETC. Wednesday, all five of us interns were treated to lunch at Elyria Country Club with executives Jeff and Rich Desich, and Michelle Lee. This was another great opportunity provided to us by ETC. We were able to speak openly with the three executives regarding our projects, careers, and even our personal lives. I doubt that many other companies would give such high treatment to their interns. Once again it really goes to show that ETC is more than a company, it is a family. This became more and more evident these last two days, as two highly regarded ETC employees worked their final days at ETC. One employee had his desk decorated with balloons, streamers, and a ball pit resembling that of Discovery Zone, while the other employee had numerous co-workers drop off cards and gifts to wish her luck. It is great to see that ETC more than just a job, it is a place where lifelong friendships are forged.
Our intern project is now moving along at a faster pace. We were able to delegate some tasks and get some deliverables done this week. It always makes you feel good when you have something tangible to show for your hard work. On a personal note, I was able to complete a small project this week and received another large one which will end with me making an executive presentation. This project should be a bit more challenging, but I'm really excited to take on the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment