Friday, June 10, 2011

Being Creative

One of the things I enjoy most about my internship is how creative it allows me to be. Yes, I'm given daily and weekly projects to complete in addition to my long-term projects and they are all delivered to me with directions and a due date. At the same time, though, I'm able to incorporate my own ideas into them. Posts and tweets on our social media sites are are brainstormed ahead of time by my mentor, manager, and myself. But the way I decide to draft them is mainly left up to me. I was also able to come up with various different ways to reach out to more clients and prospects in promoting our social media. It takes both research and knowledge of our current practices, but also creativity on my own part. It's also important to present my mentor and manager with many alternatives in case they know right away that some things just won't work for our company. I love that being an intern here does not just mean "complete this project and get it back to me." It also means provide us with your thoughts and suggestions on what you think will work best for us and then we can start implementing them. I really value this in my internship program.

No comments:

Post a Comment