Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Moving Along



Yesterday, I had a meeting with my mentor Rachel, and my manager Dan, to discuss my returned mail project I was working on. I was able to lead the three of us in a discussion regarding the topic and show them my findings and possible solutions. This meeting alone, was a great experience for me. Not only was I able to get a good look at how Dan and Rachel act within their meetings, I was able to be a part of it and drive the conversation. Just like a job interview, the more prepared for the meeting the better. All my research benefitted me a great deal when a question would be brought up that had not been covered, yet I knew the answers. Despite all my research and knowledge I quickly learned that there was still a lot more work I could do on this project, and a lot more questions that needed to be answered.
We had a minor setback in our intern group project but now appear to be on the right path. I really enjoy working with the other interns, and look forward to when we have our meetings. Everyone is so fun and also a good worker. We don't have any problems with anyone slacking off. I feel as if we are motivated people and no matter what challenges we face, this project will get done and it will be well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment