Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Home Stretch


Our intern Crises Management project is coming to an end. We have put in a great deal of time on this project and it is very rewarding to see it all come together. It can be very challenging to work in a group at times, but we have really learned a lot along the way about the most efficient and effective ways to work as a group. With any group project, we have had our share of disagreements, but the work and insight each team member has brought to the group is invaluable. We have the project just about complete and are looking to start practicing our presentation at the end of this week or early next week. It has been such a fun experience working with all the interns. When I was being interviewed I wanted to know if the internship at ETC had interactions between the interns or if you were more confined to your department. I was told that the internship would feature both and am pleased to say that is completely true. I love working on tasks or projects for operations, but our intern meetings are always something I look forward to.
I was able to get some clarity on my new project. Currently ETC offers an same day service to its clients for a fee. What we want to find out is if it would be beneficial to offer our clients different service levels such as two day service, three hour service, or things of that nature. This will require a good deal of research and some data analysis which I am looking forward to. It should be a little challenging, but after our intern project is complete, I plan on diving head on into my new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment