Friday, July 24, 2009

This is harder than I thought!


And by the title, I don’t mean that my internship is so hard that I feel as I can’t do my work. Quite the opposite in fact! To explain…this week I’ve been focused on our new applicant tracking system – Taleo. I finished with writing the manual in outline form in Microsoft Word last week, but then I decided it didn’t look organized or nice enough for a manual that will be used for years to come. So Josh, our wonderful IT intern, helped to create a simple Excel template I could write the work procedures in. Then I transferred the entire outline from Word over to the excel format. After that, I had to create a table of contents, cover page (which our awesome Marketing intern, Ryan, helped me with), and formatted the whole thing. In general…that is why I said it’s harder than I thought.

The good part about that though: I’m learning. By doing all this technical work, I’m teaching myself new things about computer applications and learning about technology on my own (which is quite an accomplishment for me, as I normally run away from computer problems).

We’re also beginning to tape employees for the testimonial part of our website. Everyone seems really nervous, but I’m sure it will end up being great. Look out for a blog next week about how I’m teaching myself Windows Movie Maker…ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment