Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Am Not Your Average Joe - Week 7


To cap off an amazing week 7, our marketing intern, Ryan D’Arcy orchestrated the Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwich Eat-A-Thon during our lunch hour, the highlight of the week. If you read Ryan’s post below, you can see that I am not just your average Joe. (Also, not a poet. Just coincidence.) I came into the eat-a-thon knowing that I was neither the biggest person, nor the most aggressive eater, but arguably the most competitive person you will find, and I had to pull some strings in order to compete. When the referee, Max Weber, initiated the start everyone scrambled for their sandwiches except for me. I grabbed my second sandwich, took off the top bun and combined it with the first. I ended up finishing four sandwiches and took second place. Brilliant strategy on my part? Yes. Out of the ordinary? Not at all.

The scene for week 7 in sales has been pretty upbeat. Could it be to the arrival of future hall-of-famer Shaquille O’Neal? Probably about 2% of it. The first two days of the week were the last days in the month and the sales team needed to open up a lot of accounts to meet their monthly goals. I was assisting all the sales representatives with whatever they needed as they scrambled to open accounts like chickens with their heads cut off. Even though they were moving a mile per minute, they never had any doubt or showed any disrespect towards me.

On Wednesday and Thursday, I continued to work on my Universal Training project and the Real Estate Agent project, which I am about 75% done with. Our Universal Training presentation is coming up fast! I am excited for fireworks and lots food this weekend for the fourth of July, as long as it is not roast beef sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment