Wednesday, July 1, 2009

In the Life of the Sales Intern - Week 6


This week I really got going with this real estate training project. I was approached by one of the sales reps to conduct some research and find agencies for our up-and-coming continuing education program for real estate agents. I received an excel sheet with about 400 potential agencies. I had to do research on them. Some were not even qualified (investor firms, agricultural, etc). Out of the 160 that I have researched, I found about 60 confirmed leads. Next, I had to call those confirmed leads and get the email addresses of the people who are in charge of the continuing education. I sent a list of confirmed email addresses to marketing, and they will be taking it from there. I am going to be finishing that list in the next couple of weeks. I am excited that I got asked to do that. It really shows the respect and confidence interns get here at ETC.

Aside, from the project, Wednesday we went out to lunch with Rich and Jeff Desich at the Elyria Country Club. They are phenomenal individuals. The way they spoke just motivated me and inspired me to succeed in life after college. It is remarkable that someone of their age can be so determined and successful. I really enjoyed lunch and would love to go back to Elyria Country Club and shoot 9 holes with them!

Tonight is the Indians game. I am very excited and since it is warm outside today, employees were allowed to wear shorts and flip-flops with their Indians gear. I cannot wait for the all-you-can-eat buffet!

No comments:

Post a Comment