Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"I order the club sandwich all the time, and I'm not even a member."


My name is Ryan D'Arcy, I am the Marketing Intern here at Equity Trust Company. I work at our Berea office, one mile down the road from the glorious and prestigious Baldwin-Wallace College, where I am currently a student. As I approach my final two semesters at BW, I am starting to realize how lucky I am to take part in this internship program. In school, I have a hard time narrowing down the specific area of marketing I want to work in, and this internship has given me the opportunity to experience all of them.

This is not the type of internship where I am getting people coffee, doing my boss's laundry, or surfing the Internet in an attempt to appear busy. At ETC, I get to take part in real projects, most of which will still be around long after I am finished. And the best part is, each of my projects has given me experience in a different area of marketing. I have researched state specifications for lawyers, accountants, and financial ad visors to gain continuing education credit through the classes and webinars we offer. I have created a new HR brochure from scratch using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, and also created a new logo for our Equity Trust Careers page on Adobe Illustrator. I have created marketing reports and analyzed how well each of our marketing efforts have been generating leads for the sales team. Currently I am helping promote and "re-create" our careers page and finding new ways to market it on Facebook and Twitter. I am also currently working with many of our high level managers to put a brand new online tax lien investment process into place. In my time here, I have had the opportunity to meet with all of the channel managers, and even the President and CEO of our company.

It seems my blog has only talked about the "work" I do, I did not even mention the fun. One of the core values of ETC is "We have fun at what we do", and it is no lie. If you work here, be prepared to laugh daily. You'll get to take part in Indians games, cookouts, and happy hours. All in all, this is a great place to work and be an intern.

1 comment: