Thursday, July 8, 2010

No coffee and filing for me!- Amanda Mirth, HR Intern


First and foremost I have to say that I am so very thankful and appreciative to have been given the opportunity to intern at ETC. I am Amanda Mirth, and I am the HR and ½ marketing intern for summer 2010. How am I half marketing? Well, in my interview I stated that I am a business student at University of Toledo, switching my major from Speech Therapy. I did not know exactly what aspect of business I wanted to go into, so I kind of got a custom-planned internship. 3 days a week I am at one office doing HR and 2 days a week at the other office working with the marketing department. I can honestly say that I feel like I have learned more in the past 5 weeks through this experience, than I have in my past 2 years of school. Of course, it’s a different type of learning- this experience has been all application of what I already know, and what I am able to learn. I am so very happy that I am not the coffee-getting paper-filing girl just hanging out for the summer. The summer is halfway over, tomorrow being our 6 week follow up, and I am only more excited to see how the rest of the summer will go, and what I will be able to walk away with from this experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment