Friday, July 30, 2010

An experience like none other


Today, all of the interns had to present at a meet and greet that the HR department at ETC was putting on for various Ohio and Michigan colleges and universities. We each had to talk a little about our background, our past and current projects, and our overall experience at ETC. One of the things I mentioned about my experience at ETC is networking. I know this is beat into our heads all the way through college, but the professionals I have had the opportunity to network with on a daily are truly inspiring. Everyday, when I come into work, I speak and interact with the Controller and Assistant Controller of the organization. I work on projects with bother of these individuals as well as the CFO of Equity Trust. I have not heard of many internships, if any at all, where this type of experience is gained. Each one of the people I have had the opportunity to work with in the accounting department are extremely professional, helpful, knowledgeable, experienced, and intelligent. I know that my daily interactions with all of these people make my experience here at ETC one-of-a-kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment