Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cailin: The soon-to-be Excel Guru


Hello all! My name is Cailin Menke, and I am the accounting intern here at Equity Trust Company. I recently graduated from The University of Toledo in May 2010 and am glad to have gotten the chance to intern with ETC this Summer. I had an internship in public accounting in the Spring of 2009 and knew that I wanted to try something different before I started earning my Master's degree at Cleveland State University in the Fall of 2010. So far, I really enjoy (most of) the work I do in the accounting department.

I have gotten a lot of different experiences working with the accounting department and have met many smart and experienced accountants. I sometimes wonder how they have all gotten so smart. :) I currently do accounts payable, help with the month-end close process, assist in setting up a new chart of accounts, as well as many other small projects on an as needed basis. It seems that all of the projects I do, no matter who they are for, I am using Excel. I learned more about that program in the first week I was here than I ever thought I would! By the end of the Summer, I am pretty sure I will be an expert!

Time to get back to work! I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment