Monday, July 30, 2012

Weeks 4 and 5 recap!

Sorry ETC, I've failed you as an intern. I was unable to finish my blog for week 4 so I will combine it with week 5. In my defense, I think that this just goes to show how busy I am here!

The last two weeks have been very productive. Since finishing the New Hire Orientation presentation, I held my first GoTo Meeting with Jessica to show Andrea and Tony, two members of our HR team, the final product. I reviewed the organization of the presentation and how it should be presented. It was perfect timing because Andrea will be handling a fairly large group of new hires during orientation on August 13th. I'm attending the presentation so that I can make adjustments to it afterward if necessary. I'm excited to see how it goes!

One of my newer projects has been creating customer service and soft skills training for Client Service Representatives. The main focus of the training is how to de-escalate a call. I had a great time working with Liz, one of the CST team leads, to come up with effective ways to approach some of the more common issues that occur over the phones. I listened in on a few calls with her to get an idea of how Client Service Reps interect with clients. She really knows how to handle escalated situations! I give her a lot of credit; I don't know if I would have been as calm as she was. I finished up the training this week and plan to present it on Friday to Kathy, Phil, and Amanda, who are the CST supervisors, along with Ira and Rob, who are working on Project Apple. Hopefully this training will improve the call experience for both our clients and CST Reps!

Recently, Jessica and I have been taking on a hefty task list for Project Apple with Ira and Rob. Luckily, I get the tasks that don't require knowledge of IRA's. Jessica, however, has been working on a real estate training program for Project Apple Liasons. Ira gave her an intimidating-looking book that covers everything you would need to know about real estate investments. Way over my head. So instead, I've been working on Outlook training to show CST Reps some of the shortcuts that Outlook has to offer. This will hopefully make their lives easier! It's actually making my life a bit easier too as I learn about some of the shortcuts.

Sadly, I no longer get to spend time with Tiffany and Andy in Elyria. Luckily, they send me funny emails to make up for it! With project Apple requiring many new training programs and me living closer to Berea, it's just easier to be here full time. Andrea did stop by from Elyria to go out to lunch with Jessica and I, which was a great time! I was happy to get Aladdins twice this week; once with the other wonderful interns and once with Jessica and Andrea. Not mad about that!

Overall, it was another fantastic two weeks here at ETC! It's crazy to think that I only have three weeks left... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment