Monday, July 9, 2012

The 4th of July is on what day again?


Since the Fourth of July fell on July 4th this year..er I mean since it was on a Wednesday, it was a nice break midway through the week.  Before our off day, I met with members of the IT and marketing departments about the Evergreen webinar software.  I summarized the capabilities and potential pitfalls I have found while testing the software.  David Griffiths, our Salesforce developer and administrator, is a pivotal figure in this process.  Since he runs our customer relationship management software, it is important to ensure that any issues between Evergreen and Salesforce are addressed before moving forward with the software.  This meeting was another valuable experience I have gained through my internship with ETC.  It was my first opportunity running a group meeting and it gave me an opportunity to practice in an office setting.  We spent an hour discussing the program and how we would like to proceed.  We decided we want to research some competitors before moving on with some expanded testing.  There is no way to simulate what a real meeting is like, which is why it is so beneficial that Equity Trust Company puts their interns in those positions. 

I also participated in two online webinar meetings with representatives of ReadyTalk and ActOn Interactive Services.  I logged on through my phone and also shared a computer screen with each of the representatives.  Once again I was placed into a situation that is quite common in the workplace but not in the classroom.  I spoke with the reps and told them what we were looking for, what our current software provides, and then listened to their pitch.  I then typed up the summary of my findings and passed it along to the rest of the team.  It has been helpful to compare the ability of each of these programs to Evergreen in order to make the most educated decision. 

Finally, I met with Sarah to learn more about Salesforce.  She is going on vacation next week and I am hoping to be able to help with some of her workload while she is gone.  She tutored me about how we input our leads and create the various campaigns.  It is another skill that I am desperately trying to learn and add to my marketing repertoire.

The summer interns concluded the week by meeting for lunch in the third floor cafeteria.  It was the first time we were all together, which was nice to get to know one another further.  The jokesters that I work with in marketing deemed it the Intern Summit.  While the name is more official than it was, we hope to reconvene the summit at a later date.

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment