Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Week 3

Another great week in the HR Department of ETC!

     This week I've been finishing up the New Hire Orientation Presentation. I've been working on shortening the presentation to only the most relevant information so that we don't scare any new hires away during their first week! I added some fun activities to engage them in hopes that they will be just as excited to be at ETC as I am! Over the course of the next few weeks I will be working with Jessica to create self-taught training materials that new hires can complete on their own time. We're trying to cut down on the amount of time that they are just sitting and listening to a speaker, and rather provide more hands-on ways to get information across.
     This week I sat in on my first HR departmental meeting with John, Tiffany, Andy, Jessica, Tony, and Andrea. We discussed the progress of the department and goals for each member of the team. We also touched on some of the open positions that HR has been recruiting for. On Wednesday we had an Open House in Berea to hire a new batch of Client Services Representatives. There was a fairly decent turnout for the position. I had to play secretary for a bit, but there was free lunch involved so it was totally worth it!
     In Elyria I worked with John again on a department headcount for Operations. I set up meetings with all of the supervisors of the department to verify their numbers. I jotted down the responsibilities of each team in the department and how they interact with other departments within ETC. Jessica and I plan to incorporate that information into the Orientation material so that new hires have a better idea of how the company functions. I really enjoy getting to work with the supervisors of other departments because it gives me the opportunity to get to know more of the employees here. I was impressed with how accomodating and friendly each supervisor was.
     I scheduled and held my very first meeting on Friday! Granted, it wasn't the most exciting of discussions, but it's a step! The purpose of the meeting was to review the CST script I've been working on. Kathy, Amanda, and Phil, the leadership team within CST, attended the meeting and gave me feedback. The script will likely be incoporated into the CST training materials and be placed in each of the call center cubicles as a quick reference guide of phrases that the Client Service Reps can use during calls. The script was also help to make calls more uniform.
    I have to say, the employees of ETC are some of the nicest people I've ever met. I'm not even saying that because I'm sure my supervisors are eventually going to read this. :) But really, I have to hand it to ETC for finding such a positive and helpful group of employees. Maybe I'm shocked because I spend the majority of my year around rude college kids. But, I would rather give ETC the benefit of the doubt. The smiley faces at the end of each email I recieve certainly lends to a positive work environment, and I genuinely enjoy being here each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment