Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week 2



Week 2 has been just as good as week 1! I have been very busy working on projects. 

      In Berea, I mainly focus on the training and orientation aspect of Human Resources. Jessica has me working on the Corporate Training New Hire Orientation Presentation. Phew, that's a mouthful! I really like this project because I get to be a bit creative and add in my own orientation activities and games. I also like working with the heads of departments to incorporate important information into the presentation that new hires would need to know about those departments.  Jessica and I have been working with Phil, Amanda, and Kathy from CST. They're a great group! We had a meeting this week to discuss creating different levels in the CST training program. I'm also working on some scripting for CST so that calls will be more standardized. I was able to sit in on calls with both experienced and new call center employees to see how they interacted with clients. My goal was to determine which parts of the conversion could have a script incorporated. There are many projects going on within the training side of HR, so I will keep you posted as I start the next one!
      In Elyria I get to experience the recruiting side of Human Resources. This week I helped post job opportunities on Monster.com, NEOintern.com, various career service sites for colleges in the area, and social media sites. I reviewed resumes for potential candidates for job openings and scheduled interview appointments. I have learned that there is an art to reviewing resumes. Recruiters have to be able to determine whether or not a person will be a good fit for the company and stay with the company based on work patterns and histories. Even the layout and wording of a resume can make a huge difference in whether or not a candidate will be interviewed. I'm taking notes for my own resume! I got to work with my first member of the Executive Management Team, John Cameron. I helped create a department headcount report with Andy. Also, I finally got to work with Tiffany, who is back from her conference! 
      One of the things that drew me to ETC was its dedication to community involvement. I really like that ETC takes part in Relay for Life and Corporate Challenge, among many other events. This week, I signed up for the 10k relay for the Corporate Challenge. Also, I ran the Towpath Freedom 5k for which ETC was a sponsor. I ended up being the 18th female finisher and got 3rd in my age division! I think that ETC does a great job of providing fun opportunities for employees outside of the workplace, and I've really enjoyed getting to be a part of them!


I love working here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment