Monday, August 1, 2011

Final Week

When I look back and reflect on my first day here with Equity Trust, one of the things that stands out the most for me is the warm and friendly employees. I didn't feel like just an intern. Of course, that was just my first day, and I didn't know how the next 12 weeks would play out. One of the nine core values at Equity Trust is 'Welcome Home,' and during my internship I continued to witness it each day following my first. This is something I love about ETC, because I really believe it impacts your whole day. You need to build genuine relationships with your co-workers in order for your day to run smoothly. I've really gotten to know my co-workers in the marketing department, and it will be a sad day this Friday to leave them.

Equity Trust has also provided me with the opportunity to see the daily operations of the marketing department. Through my social media project, I've gained professional writing skills. Through my collateral project, I was able to implement a new filing system. From holding meetings, creating an in-depth project plan, and planning for our Tax-Free Wealth Seminars, I have learned invaluable project management experience. One of the most important things that will help me down the road is being versatile and knowing how to balance multiple tasks at one time.

When I found out I would be an intern at Equity Trust, I felt excited, nervous, and knew I would learn things that you can't in a classroom setting. I don't think I quite realized, though, how much I would appreciate it, how much I would mature, and the memories I would make with those working around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment