Friday, May 27, 2011

Working Together

I can honestly say I leave work every single day having learned something new that I know will benefit me even after my internship ends in August. In addition to the intern meeting we had yesterday afternoon that Ryan and Lisa mentioned, my mentor invites me to several other meetings throughout the week. I've been to ones with both ETC and Sterling sales, as well as with IT and Client Services. Being a business student in college, I knew the various group projects professors assign would somehow be beneficial. Finally working for a company and seeing how employees interact both within and across departments truly gives me perspective on this. Not only is it important for individual employees to offer their expertise, but they also need to be skilled in communication, time management, and taking the initiative to follow up with team members. Having the opportunity to sit in on these meetings gives me insight into daily operations that have the ultimate goal of producing satisfaction for our clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment