Thursday, May 19, 2011

Training Days

Being the operations intern here at ETC, they felt it would be a good idea for me to take part in a two day training class with other operations employees. It turned out not to be a good idea, but instead it was a great one! The two day training gave me an overview of the work flow here at ETC and gave me a basic understanding of all the different accounts ETC can open and transactions we can process. The information was a little overwhelming at times but by going through the course I feel that I have somewhat of a grasp on what exactly goes on here at ETC. It was also a great experience to be in the training with employees who do the operations day in and day out, and to hear their stories and their opinions on what goes on here at ETC. Already today, two of my co-workers who were in training with me have stopped by my cube to say hi, which is something that I appreciate greatly as a new employee. Today, I will be going over my project plan with my mentor and Friday she plans to have me shadow different departments in operations. So far, it has been a very enjoyable experience and I'm excited to see what the rest of the summer holds for me here at ETC.

No comments:

Post a Comment