Friday, August 6, 2010

Working on financial close


Since I have started working at ETC as an intern, I have helped others in the accounting department complete some of the tasks in the month-end close process. There are many steps to take that I have been responsible for each month. When I first started, these processes were very confusing to me, and much guidance was needed in order to finish. Last month I still needed quite a bit of guidance. This month, however, I was able to complete the bank reconciliation and the cash proof for both companies with much less assistance than prior months. I still asked quite a few questions, but that is expected as an intern. It was really rewarding to be able to do this on my own (for the most part) and really contribute to the efficiency of the whole process. It is also nice to see my own progress from within the first couple weeks to just a few months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment