Thursday, August 6, 2009

Going...Going...GONE!

The time has come where I have reached the 12th and final week of my internship at Equity Trust Company. Time has really gone by fast. We gave our final presentations to the Leadership Team earlier this week and they took us to our "graduation" lunch at a local Italian restaurant. Everyone did very well with their presentations and I think each intern got a lot out of their internship experience here. I personally have learned a lot not only about sales, but professionalism, management, public speaking, teamwork, communication, accountability, etc.


One of my favorite parts of the internship was the real-world experience in sales at a real, 40-hr per week job. A lot of graduating college students don't get that experience and they are almost shocked when they start a new full-time job fresh out of college. I'm glad that I know what to expect.

I met a lot of great people here and I am very excited for the company because it is growing rapidly. Equity Trust is very lucky to be doing so well in the poor economy right now. I can't wait to see how large the company will be in the next 8-10 years.


The internship program at ETC is very good whether it is in marketing, sales, HR, etc. I know all of the interns really enjoyed it and got a lot of hands-on experience that they will be able to take with them in their future careers whether it is at ETC or another company. I can't think of what we would do without our HR recruiter who did a fantastic job of recruiting us and making us feel comfortable throughout the entire internship process. She is AMAZING! - Great job!


When I head back to school this fall semester, I plan to promote ETC at my school job. A lot of students and faculty members do not know about Equity Trust and what a great company are. The HR recruiter and I plan on meeting up to set something up such as speaking to sales classes to get the word out about their careers and their internship programs.


It's been fun and all, but now it's time to move on to my senior year. Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment