Monday, August 10, 2009

All by myself.....(kind of)


So at the beginning of week 9: Although I was pretty much done with taping the testimonials for the career site and editing them on Windows Movie Maker, the recruiter and I have decided to go back and re-tape some of them. Knowing that I may have to redo everything is a bit daunting, but re-working projects is business! Also, Amanda (Equity Trust’s corporate recruiter) and I have finally put the Taleo Applicant Tracking System live! It’s really exciting for us, since candidates are beginning to apply online. Once they do that, they are automatically put into our system instead of being emailed straight into Amanda’s inbox – a HUGE plus for her! I’ll be monitoring the system over the next few weeks and putting the finishing touches on it.


However, the biggest thing going on last week was the intern’s final presentations. Max and I will go in 2 weeks nearer to the end of our internships, so we didn’t present with the other 5 interns last week. As you may have read in the other intern's blogs, a few of the interns left last week, while a few more are leaving this week, and I’m very sad to see them go. They’ve become my friends and it’s odd to think we’ll be going our own separate ways after this. However, I know we’ll try to stay in touch (yay Facebook and LinkedIn!) and that they’ll all end up successful in whatever they choose to do.


After watching their final presentations last week, I realized how much work we have all contributed to this company, whether through a sales call, brochure, accounting process or new database. They all did a great job with their projects and assignments and I know they’ve got only good things ahead. Congratulations to Lauren, Josh, Jeff, Ryan and Emily. Good luck in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment